Sunday, January 25, 2009

Progress

I finished the chemise, except for the buttons. I'll have to look for some made of shell or metal. I also joined a Civil War re-enactment society, which I'm excited about. It'll give me some motivation for finishing things, and something to wear my gowns to.

I have the pieces cut out or my 18th century stays, but I'm nervous to start them. Not having a lot of confidence in myself lately. I think I'll work on the navy blue plaid dress some more. I've decided to forgo the hoopskirt that I have a pattern for, because a) it would cost about $60 to make it, and b) it would be impossible for everyday wear. While I would like to make all my own things, I think buying in this case would be the better move, especially as they're significantly cheaper to buy than to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment