Friday, January 9, 2009

Finished!

After a day of sewing, the corset is done. It is bound in lavender satin. It's not my best work, mostly because I was lazy and in a hurry, but I learned a lot for next time. I had a lot of issues with fitting that I would probably do differently.


I made a mockup, but it's hard to tell how it will fit without boning, and I didn't want to sew up channels and trim boning just for a mockup. The boning channels in my pattern are situated over the seams, so it is difficult to take it in, unless I unpick the boning casings, which of course I didn't want to do. The next time I have that issue, I am going to put a few bones in the middle of the pieces and leave the seams open, so I have enough support to get an idea of the shape, but the seams are free for adjusting.


I would have taken a picture with it on, but I was tired of lacing behind my back in a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment