Friday, January 16, 2009

Day Dress

I finished sewing the bodice together, but didn't want to try it on because that would involve lacing up, and I am all crampy and bloated and don't feel like it.

So now that I've reached something of a milestone, I'm wondering if I should put it away for a little bit. After all, I can't finish the dress until I make the hoopskirt, which will be an expensive project and will have to wait a while. Even after I do finish the dress, I won't really get to wear it to anything. Huge hoopskirts are as impractical today as they were in the 1850's. So there's no rush on this project.

My thoughts for the next project are staying with the 1850's and making a chemise and pantalettes, or starting my foray into 18th century costuming with a pair of stays. I feel like I will alternate between the two, when I get tired of the other. Especially since the stays are going to take a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment