Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day Dress




This is the fabric that I found for my day dress, for only $2 a yard! Yes!! It's a navy blue and black plaid wool blend that is in reality much much darker than the picture shows. I am hoping there will be enough to make a separate ball gown bodice but I don't think that will work out. Perhaps a black bodice with plaid trim...




The pattern I am using is Simplicity 3727. I'll start making the bodice when the corset is finished, but the skirt will have to wait until I can make an enormoso hoopskirt. I'm thinking about using polyethylene tubing instead of hoopsteel, I've heard it works well, and is much cheaper than hoopsteel. I'm definitely not above using Jerry's for costume supplies, especially since I'll need about 100 feet of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment