Saturday, January 24, 2009

1850's chemise

Yeah, I know it's been a while. I've put aside the day dress for a while to work on underwear. So I've spent the past week-ish working on a chemise. It's made of white muslin, and is coming together nicely, though it doesn't look like anything yet, which is why there are no pictures. I just have to sew the yoke on and then hem it. So maybe 5 or 6 more hours to go on it. I accidently cut it several inches shorter than the pattern said, so I thought about adding a panel with some pintucks, but then decided that would be more work than I really wanted right now, and shorter might be better so it will tuck into my drawers more easily. Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow, tuesday at the latest.

I've also cut the pieces for my 18th century stays, so that will be next when I'm done with the chemise. For my spring-summer wardrobe, I'm planning a chemise a la reine out of white cotton voile with either a blue or green sash, I haven't decided. I also want to make a sheer fan-front 1850s summer dress. I have the pattern all picked out, just need to find some fabric. And a job. To pay for fabric. Sheesh, I don't even wear clothes in the summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment