Monday, January 12, 2009

Day Dress

Today I made the bodice muslin for my Civil War era day dress, or visiting dress. I had to take in 3.5 cm on each side seam, but otherwise it was perfect! Tomorrow I will begin cutting the wool, and I will use the muslin pieces for the lining.

It's inside out here. This is before I took it in. I just have it pinned closed in front. You can see the darts and a little of the peplum.



This is after taking it in. It's a lot smoother. The wrinkles in the back are from pinning it a little too tight. I think a couple pieces of boning will also help.

2 comments:

  1. you're so talented! if only you had a photographer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sewing by hand? I mean not just the basting but the finished thing? I don't have any of my costumes on my blog yet but you have inspired me to get some photo's of them and pop them on there. Keep it up... they look great!

    ReplyDelete